Feeling incredibly grateful.
The east coast of Australia is experiencing a wetter & cooler winter this year. Parts of Sydney have just been declared a natural disaster due to flooding, 4th time in 18 months! I feel very grateful not to have been caught up in the floods to the north & south of us. Actually we’ve dodged a bullet on many fronts since we retired & moved to where we now live.
Bushfires were too close for comfort in 2019 but we were not burnt out. Covid hit in 20-21, being retired & living on the land didn’t pose a threat or inconvenience to us. The flooding events of 21-22, while it was extremely wet & boggy, we had no loss or damage.
So yesterday while I was contemplating our good fortune, I decided to celebrate & moved into the kitchen, cranked up my playlist & churned out some good food & herbal medicinals. A pot of chicken & veg soup, a super healthy brunch (mushrooms, onions, sauerkraut, avocado, poached egg) a pumpkin & prune gf cake, another batch of elderberry syrup & fire cider. strained off 2 tinctures, white willow & lemon balm. A thoroughly productive day inside, while it was cold & wet outside. Made me feel good, nurturing my soul & I found out about a Tai Chi beginners class, starting tomorrow. I am one lucky girl!
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter