It is time to get serious about learning herbal medicine!
I have had a desire for some time now to learn herbal medicine. I want have the knowledge to help my family without relying on pharmaceuticals. I have read a lot of information about it here, online, in books, podcasts etc. For some reason I never seem to retain it well enough to make any use of any of it. It has been frustrating but I figured I would get it eventually.
After spending the day yesterday in the Emergency Pediatric Department with my middle son, I realized that I need to get serious and get a handle on it. My son (4yo), experience anaphylaxis. They believe that he was probably having an allergic reaction to antibiotics. They pumped so many strong medications into him to save his life. I'm grateful that he is home with me and recovering but he is still on some serious medications and it makes me very nervous.
Talk about a wake up call. Today I will be starting the Home Medicine 101 course here on TGN. I feel like maybe I should have started there in the first place. I have to stop letting there be excuses and figure out a way to get it to stick in my head.
Any recommendations would be appreciated! I know that there are some great herbalist in the group. I would love to hear some experiences on how you started your learning journey.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter