Why to Evacuate Rather than Shelter-in-Place
TGN has a new blog article about evacuations and the top 5 reasons that people fail to evacuate when the order comes.
Evacuation orders are rarely given unless there is immediate or impending danger to life and safety. Most people should evacuate. The only people staying behind should be emergency responders and those that are working to evacuate people and livestock.
Check out the reasons that people give for not evacuating.
When an evacuation order comes, please follow all the instructions.
After locking up, don't forget to leave a note on your door, saying that all residents have been evacuated from the residence.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter