Need some help??
As you can see from the picture only one side of the box has vegetables growing. I have tried two different crops that have been unsuccessful. (I took the picture yesterday.) Today I dug out several inches of soil; used vinegar on the top of the wood to dilute any cat pee and then sprinkled cinnamon and black pepper to discourage cats!
I would like to plant carrots in this half after I am not sure that everything has been fixed. What else can I do to mitigate the problems? I have found dog and cat poo in this half of the box. This is also the half of the box where someone would draw in the dirt every night!
I would really appreciate any and all help in this matter. Last years carrots were amazing and I really want to grow more!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter