@elchan7826 said that she was interested in ways to use tomato powder.
I figured I'd share my info for everyone. I have these listed in amounts to make the average jar if I were to purchase in the grocery store. Please add more ideas if anyone has them!
Tomato paste: 1/4 cup tomato powder with 1/2 cup water
Tomato sauce: 1/4 cup powder with 1 cup water
Spaghetti sauce: 1/2 cup powder, 2 cups water and your favorite seasoning.
Pizza sauce: 1/3 cup powder with 1 cup water, pizza seasoning to taste.
Here is a list ratios for using with your own recipes to make some favorites (tomato powder to water) :
Tomato soup, enchilada sauce and ketchup: 1 to 3
Bbq sauce: 1 to 2
I also use tomato powder in savory breads or in Spanish rice without any rehydration before hand.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter