NWT, Canada: Not allowed to sell food from farm to public
This is very disturbing & concerning. If this bullying spreads, it would be very bad for all. Apparently now, the power hungry are going after farms & farmers in more ways than one and adding to food supply shortages. This is organic eggs, veggies & bread. It doesn't sound like meat & milk were factors (which they heavily regulate already). Those weren't mentioned.
...And I've heard touted by many municipal govts & organizations that this year is "the year of the garden" & to grow food. What confusing messaging.
Please click to see the story. @torey Be watching for any further developments. I hope it goes no further.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter