Its that time of year in NW Pa.
People are cleaning out their gardens or downsizing and free curbside plants are everywhere. I saw a listing today on one of the plant sites and picked up peonies, daylillies and rose of sharon. The rose of sharon I will pot up and sell. Peonies I will pot and keep half of them and give away some and the daylillies I dropped off at a friends this morning. He loves flowers and is home bound.
Last Sunday I helped a friend with her garden and came home with a truck and back car seat full of plants. And a bag of tomatoes!
So keep an eye out for free plants and even collecting seeds from peoples gardens or parks.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter