It was a small easy project
It was a small easy project - like so many of us experience.
All I had to do was move a refrigerator from the porch to indoors. I really wanted it downstairs but getting it there, down a hill would be difficult plus I don't use the basement apartment much any more. The move from the porch to dining area was uneventful.
So after careful thought, I decided there was room for one more refrigerator in the kitchen. Since mom is gone I do not use the table so that can go. (I have plans for a fold down table later). This will be my freezer storage fridge and back up since the other is getting cranky.
The wall where I have my moveable canned products could go on the other side of the room. My moveable stand was a wire shelf from General Dollar that they were going to throw away, a little debbie rack. It easily holds 300 cans of food. I would check dates and sort the food while moving. A half a day project, but easy.
Well I looked up where I was going to move the fridge and there had been damage from a leak several years ago. The tiles have decided that they should fall down, so I will have to take them down, replace and paint the ceiling. Hmm... Why move the fridge and have to pull it out again?
Then the hutch beside it has display items on top. I plan to move them along (sell) as they were my moms and I really have no need for them. So I will take them down and dust and clean them. I am going to a flea market tomorrow so I will take them with.
So my simple appliance move will take a few days to complete. I just love these easy projects ;)
It seems like most of my easy projects end up like this.
How do your easy projects go?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter