@Marjory Wildcraft's latest e-mail has a link to TGN's Hydration Handbook. If you haven't already downloaded this fantastic e-book, get on it. And then READ it !!!!!
Hydration is one of the most important things we can do for our health. This e-book talks about the health issues that can and do occur when we are not properly hydrated. Don't wait until you feel thirsty. By the time you feel thirst, you are already 2-3% (or more) dehydrated. Your brain function is affected at 1% dehydration. Dehydration is a major cause of muscle cramping. 70-80% of joint cartilage is water so dehydration will affect joint pain. Dehydration will affect our digestion (constipation) and may cause nausea.
I took a course on migraines recently and the instructor said that one of the first things to do when you feel a migraine (or any headache) coming on is to drink a glass of water. Dehydration can easily trigger a migraine.
Despite the fact that I know how important hydration is (I'm constantly reminding my FD team about this), I have to remind myself to hydrate. Hubby has been asked to remind me as well. Silly, cause I'm always reminding him to drink more.
Don't like water? Lots of other options for healthy hydration. There are several discussions on electrolyte replacements, nourishing herbal infusions, fruit shrubs, ginger bugs and other healthy beverages to choose from.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter