Winter indoor craft projects
It's time to think about moving our activities inside. We are at peak color season here and it's beautiful outside, but that won't last long.
I bought a couple large rolls of yarn a few days ago to crochet a new blanket. We only have two of these blankets, and one of them is really too small for an adult. So I have started making another large one.
It's going to take quite a bit of time to make, but it's a relaxing activity to do in the evening by the far, often listening to music.
The other project is to make new slipcovers for our couch. The fabric of one of the cushions is so worn that you can see the foam through it. I bought some heavy craft felt in a color that matches the couch fabric pretty well. Now I just have to figure out the best way to create the slipcover. Elastic, drawstring, sewed solidly all around?
Quieter times ahead.
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter