Holistic Dental Webinar a most excellent interview
A big shout out to @Marjory Wildcraft for her excellent interview with holistic dentist, Dr Michelle Jorgensen. Chock full of great questions, advice & a new way of thinking about dental health.
I am blessed with good teeth but 4 years ago after learning about the dangers of mercury, I sought out a local holistic dentist & had my amalgam fillings removed. (Safely) While in that process, formed a nice client relationship with my dentist & got talking about sleeping, breathing etc. I now wear a specially made “mouth guard” to protect my teeth (grinding in my sleep) & open up my airways, so I sleep/breathe better.
My wife, not so lucky in the teeth department & has unfortunately had some dodgy dentists do some dodgy work that is now being rectified by our holistic dentist. Only yesterday she had a crown removed that had a split tooth underneath. Then a bone graft (pig) was inserted in the socket & a temporary bridge put in place. Apparently the pig bone is new technology, rather than titanium or even ceramic, like Dr Michelle spoke about.
When all the toothpaste is used up in our house, I am making dental powder from now on, so those of you who make their own, please hit me with recipes. I am making our mouthwash now, either salt water or colloidal silver + filtered water + peppermint EO.
If there is a chance for that interview to be shown again, I urge anyone with teeth to watch it!!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter