Homestead Supply (Sellers) List

LaurieLovesLearning
LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin
edited November 2022 in Tools, Hardware, & Machines

I am looking for a list of homestead supply places. I know we have some scattered here & there on the forum, but nothing in one place that I can find.

Please list:

Company name & Country

Link

A summary of what they offer (tools, toys, books, food, other, equipment for livestock...bees, dairy, etc.). If it's a bit of everything, please say so.

If they ship only within the US, North America, and/or internationally. Note if free or discounted shipping is available.

If you have a review to share, please post. This is optional.

I will make this a sticky. It's bound to help when any of us are looking for something useful, unique, or a gift that may be both.

Thanks!

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning

Berry Hill CANADA

Offers a bit of everything. Extensive selection.

Shipping: Canada (possible free or discounted shipping), North America, International.

We bought from here long ago. They have a lot of products, some difficult to find. There prices are sometimes higher than other supply places. No issues with the order, or condition of products and packaging.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited November 2022

Glengarry Cheese Supply CANADA

Offers cheesemaking supplies, charts, a cheesemaking course, consultations for setting up an artisan cheesemaking business in Canada. I think they used to offer sapping supplies. I don't think they do anymore.

Shipping: Canada, US

We bought from here years ago. Good service.

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lehman's

KIdron, Ohio, USA

Described as a hardware store, they offer a wide variety of tools highly relevant to homesteaders. It's probably one of the best US sources of mechanical tools or kitchen appliances that do not require electricity. They also offer water bath and pressure canners, canning lids, composting toilets, wood-burning cookstoves, and much more.

I'm uncertain whether they ship outside the US.

I have not ordered from them, but have heard many good things about them and keep them in mind as an option for this type of item.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

Lee Valley Tools - Canada

As per their name, this company started out selling tools (primarily woodworking/cabinet making tools) and associated hardware (brass fittings, hinges, cabinet handles, etc.) but have branched out into garden tools and accessories, kitchen tools and equipment (canning supplies, steam juicers, pasta makers, bakeware, knives), a few older type toys and games (balsa wood gliders, board games, puzzles, Da Vinci model kits, engine kits, etc.) and soooo much more.

The wood working tools are very good quality as are all the other items I have purchased from them. The website has some instructional videos, too. Such as one on how to turn a wooden Christmas ornament.

I couldn't get to the shipping page without placing an order but as I recall it was reasonable. They ship to the US but not sure about internationally.

They are pricey for some of their items.