Our first extreme cold of winter
Well, the snow is done for the time being. It's been cold, but tonight, we get cold with a hint of wind. It doesn’t take much moving air at very cold temperatures to give these wind chills.
Wind chills of this sort are more normal & expected just before, during or after Christmas, and near mid/the end of Jan through mid Feb.
At least it is short lived and as much as it will warm up toward the weekend, it will be gradual & still stay colder. Staying extremely cold or extreme fluctuations (like these temps to almost melting) almost always brings animal troubles, even if you prepare.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter