Potato's juice for reducing stomach acid

2»

Comments

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I have rare bouts with acid reflux. Potatoe juice sounds like an interesting solution. I love sourcrout, but have never thought of taking some specifically for acid reflux. My sister has frequent heartburn and takes over the counter antacids and a prescription acid blocker. I keep telling her that those are not good for her. I've suggested she add sourcrout to her diet but she says she doesn't like it. Oh well, what is an older sister to do for her younger sister!

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,452 admin

@marjstratton whatever one decides to do, it is important that one believes in it. Unfortunately, many people believe only in what is prescribed by doctors. It is difficult to convince a person to use some natural alternative measures if one believes only in school medicine.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@jowitt.europe thanks for the potato juice tip. I usually go for bi carb soda to help with reflux. I recently caught Covid & while I was basically asymptomatic, I did feel less energy for a week after my RAT test. I must have picked it up toward the end of my trip to the Middle East. So when I got home I just filled my body with immune boosting foods & drinks, nettle tea, mushrooms, fire cider, astragalus etc & rested up.

• heirlooms777
    heirlooms777 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

@Torey @LaurieLovesLearning Thank you, I am finally getting better! —Christina

• heirlooms777
    heirlooms777 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@JodieDownUnder could you please go into more detail about how when you “got home I just filled my body with immune boosting foods & drinks, nettle tea, mushrooms, fire cider, astragalus etc & rested up.” Exactly what did you do? I am new and want to do it all. Thanks!

—Christina

• jowitt.europe

@JodieDownUnder strengthening immune system is the best approach to Covid. And rest. Allowing the body to recover. My tiredness lasted for some time. I hope you are already fit and fine.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@heirlooms777 while the food was excellent on our trip, it is not the same as being home & feeding yourself. At first I thought it was jet lag but when my wife became ill, razor blade throat, headaches, aching body, we put 2 & 2 together & tested for covid. So I just ramped up all the goodies I could find. Lots of nettle tea, (we start each day, every day with at least a cup) mushroom tea & mushrooms in general (excellent immune boosters) astragalus powder in our smoothies (adaptogen) upped our intake of Vit C & Zinc (tablet form) took fire cider & elderberry syrup multiple times a day. Made meals with loads of garlic & onions & leafy greens.

I always travel with Usnea tincture & spray the back of my throat before I hop on a plane, public transport, crowded places, etc. I absolutely believe since I’ve been doing that, I have hardly caught a bug/cold/flu while travelling ( once upon a time I always got sick & even thought twice about a holiday!) now with a strong immune system & a couple of herbal aids at the ready, I’m rearing to go. My wife does not like the taste of the Usnea tincture (she thinks it tastes like 💩) so sometimes she gets a squirt, if I hold her in a headlock,(not a good look in an airport😂) & I truly believe that was the difference between how we felt when we got home. Me basically a symptomatic & she, 3 days in bed with bad throat & aches & pains. Usnea works for me as an easy travel hack.

@jowitt.europe right now I’m busting with goodness! Thank you.

• jowitt.europe

@JodieDownUnder I love usnea including the smell and the taste. I am always sure I have plenty of tincture at home. It is our anti Covid medicine No1! I remember when Covid first appeared and we all were kind of scared this was the tincture we took regularly.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

@jowitt.europe So true that people so often believe what they were raised with.