Zaatar (Origanum syriacum) Z8-10
I found this in the Richters catalog today. I thought I'd look up the medicinal end of things because it sounded interesting.
It is widely used in the middle east. Richters' variety is from northern Israel where it is used by both Arabs & Jews as a culinary addition to many foods.
It is also anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, antihelminthic, and much more. Its quite a fascinating plant and a good example of letting your food be your medicine.
It is safe for animals (a safe herb that actually helps expel worms is my friend).
I'm not sure if this link will work.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter