Titanium Dioxide & colon cancer
A study has been done in Mexico (and another done in France) that links this additives to colon cancer. It is a achieving agent & is often used in cake decorations (like those pretty little shiny balls, etc.), some candies such as Skittles* (etc.), some powdered sugars, sunscreen, colorants, and mold inhibitors, lip gloss, soaps, make-up (even natural types), skincare, beauty products, chewing gum, pastries, powdered sugars, and sweetened coffee creamers, to name a few things. You don’t want to breathe it in, eat it nor put it on your skin.
It will change the DNA in cells and will accumulate in some major organs.
We have generally avoided it, but on occasion, I have missed that ingredient. We scan ingredient lists for many additives, so it can happen occasionally.
This additive is banned in the EU, but is considered "safe" in many other industrialized countries. In these countries, colon cancer is also on the rise.
I know we live in a world where pretty much everything causes some sort of disruption to the body or cancer. We can no longer avoid everything dangerous out there, but as long as alternatives exist, it is important to try to do our best to stay informed and try to keep what we consume in whatever way, as natural as we possibly can.
It only takes a minute to check ingredient lists and you get better & faster at it as time goes on. I would have included a link, but it's behind a paywall. I'm sure there are other accessible articles out that will confirm what I read.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter