Herbs for anxiety
I do respect the great work this company does. I think they are successful in helping those needing help. However...
This page lists 10 herbs that are recommended and backed by scientific studies. Following is a much longer list that is claimed to either have no studies done or insufficient to prove they help (Probably KP Kalsa would site studies and explain how these herbs are still effective in spite of their place on this list). I don’t know if they bothered contacting the American Botanical Council or other herbal authorities to learn more, but wonder if they are even aware that they exist and could have assisted in finding studies. I think often, English speakers also stop at studies done in the western world and don't think to or don't bother to look any further.
Considering, they are still recommending 10 top herbs. At least they haven't dismissed them completely.
We know that not all herbs have the money support behind them to study their effectiveness, and it depends on the plant & the person, dose, strength of the herb, ways to make them more efficient at what they do, etc. Then, after an expensive study, the findings need to be published, peer reviewed and so on.
Anyway, I am still posting this because it gives a list of herbs that are known to help and a further list of those which have traditionally used for anxiety.
It's up to you to do the research.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter