New Plant Varieties in This Year's Catalogues 2023

Torey
Torey Posts: 5,640 admin
edited February 2023 in Garden Design

I just got a look at Brecks spring bulb catalogue. So many wonderful things to tempt. Some stunning new colours but I wonder with Brecks, how much touch up has been done to the colours.

One of the most exotic things I have seen for awhile is their new Frozen Queen Calla Lily. Purple-red flowers above translucent leaves. YES! TRANSLUCENT! Click on the smaller picture below the main pic. The one with the hand in the pic.

Any other new wonderful plants that anyone has come across?

Tagged:

Comments

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭

I want a yard full of those- but that is quite a price😔

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,640 admin

@nicksamanda11 Breck's is very expensive. I've never ordered from them, just drooled over the catalogues. :)

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am trying not to look at any garden catalogues, so I'm not tempted! If they're expensive or the shipping is expensive then it's okay! Honestly, I bought 4 packages of bulbs again at Lidl and planted them a few months ago. The ones I planted last year all came up and were beautiful so I can't wait for this year with twice as many!

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen some pretty amazing flower colors in real life, so it's quite possible that the colors in the catalog aren't touched up.

As to expensive, at least we are not in the Dutch Tulip mania of the 1600s when a single tulip bulb could be worth as much as a house!