35 ways to make money off your homestead

35 Ways to Make Money From Your Homestead - A Comprehensive Guide (ruralsprout.com)

Have you tried or are making money off your homestead?

This can also apply to you if you live in an urban setting. You just look at it from different angles.

Comments

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is something we certainly need to think about. Given current demographics, there are relatively fewer young adults and more older ones. That is going to unbalance retirement pension systems.

There will be plenty of demand for labor in most of the world over the next 20 years, which should create opportunities for those of us who don't want a "job", but a chance to earn money on our own homesteads. However, it is up to us to figure it out.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's wise to have sort of extra income off your property or m=home to0 help pay for bills, taxes and anything unexpected that pops up.

You may be surprised what you can generate fro0m your home with little work. I have started extra seedling to sell and am digging up herbs and perennials to sell this spring.

I also have barn wood and recycled pieces and parts I am turning into art or something useful

I also have a few friends that want fresh sprouts.

and yes, @VermontCathy , it is up to us to figure it out.