Remember our shortages threads?
Has anyone been seeing a shortage of cornstarch?
We have only found tiny containers of it and the prices are sky high. Many places have none at all, and this appears to be an ongoing thing.
Our milk pudding can be made with flour, and we have been doing that. However, I had the strange to me realization that it was just sweetened thick milk gravy. Well, that was not appealing in any way. My husband thought that was funny, but didn't disagree. He doesn't like milk pudding.
I think we will see more tapioca around our house in the next while or get creative with milk based soups, I guess.
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter