Doing a garden inventory

With our weather being nicer, my perennials are beginning to pop up. I also had plants in pots that I overwintered. This next week will be quite nice for Northwest Pennsylvania, so I can get a head start on seeing what I have and might need to replace.

So far it looks like my plants are surviving this weather roller coaster quite well, better than I expected. But I still have 2 cool months ahead.

This spring I will be selling perennials so I need to know what I have and what I can start as seedlings. The seedling will not be ready until fall.

It's always nice to know what you have anyways, and a garden plan or map is helpful, especially in the spring when it's hard to identify plants.

Comments

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took an trying to see what plants have survived. Not many coming up yet but I'm hopeful that they made it through and are just taking their sweet old time to show themselves.🤞

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

So many things are popping up here. I sure hope they (especially my blueberries) all make it through the next freeze. My daffodils are almost finished blooming and the tulips are coming up as well as phlox starting to bloom. I even have 4 hyacinths that are blooming. They smell so good every time I walk by.

What kind of perennials are you selling?

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

Not much happening here yet. We're getting another cold spell with snow on the way. At least, I got some of my garlic in a couple of days ago when it was sunny. Hope it wasn't too late. Plants from our native plant will be available for pickup this weekend. Hopefully, weather won't be so bad that I can't pick them up.