Recipes Using Home Canned Chicken Recipes

vickeym
vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking for new recipes using home canned chicken. I have a lot of it canned. Some with bones some without. Need to find some new ways to use it.

Any ideas or recipes would be appreciated.

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

Chopped up on quesadillas. Or nachos. Or enchilada filling. Or taco filling. Or burrito filling.

White chilli. Substitute chicken for beef and use white kidney beans. Chilli peppers, chicken broth and sour cream. There are several different recipes on line for this.

Chicken pot pie.

Chopped up and added to a salad. Thai chicken and noodle salad.

If its on the bone, add a can of tomatoes, garlic, onion and some herbs (or some home canned tomato sauce). Chicken cacciatore.

Chicken and dumplings.

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spicy chicken roll on sandwiches!

1 large can chicken, or 1/2 a pint jar of home canned chicken

4 - 6 tbsp mayo, depending on your preferences

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp paprika (powder)

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (powder)

Blend thoroughly and serve on sandwiches with cheese and tomato.

• vickeym

Thank you both. I do make many of the ones you mentioned @Torey and will look into the rest.

@VermontCathy That sounds interesting too. Might be a good change from our usual basic chicken salad or chicken salad with dried cherries in it.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

My family likes it tossed in sweet and sour sauce and served over rice. It is also a hit in broccoli cheddar sauce over pasta.

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

Good ideas!

• vickeym

I tried this one and my husband loved it.

Boned and diced the chicken, mixed with cooked rice, a can of Mexican diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel), a can each of corn and black beans and taco seasoning. Came out very well.