Soap Making With Herbal Oils
I was playing around with making herbal oils and ended up with way too much. I bet that's never happened to anyone here! 🙄🤣 Then a friend offered to teach me how to make soap. I got lost down a rabbit hole and came up several months later after learning how to make tallow and all the science behind the process. Still trying to perfect the recipe.
I prefer not to use essential oils because they're expensive and evaporate rather quickly. And I was impressed at how well the infused oils held up.
The first attempt was eucalyptus oil, and the soap smelled great. But I wonder how much of the herb's medicinal benefits survive the saponification process and if anyone has some good recipes for all-natural soaps and shampoo bars. Any ideas?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 515 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter