Ulcer Tea: Boil tea or soak, weigh herbs or measure?
I am trying the suggested ulcer tea:
40% marshmallow root (I have only powder)
30% peppermint (I have spearmint leaves chopped, not powder)
15% canedula (flowers, not powder)
15% yarrow (chopped, not powder)
Do I weigh each on a scale (if I have one), and how do I put in the marshmallow powder as it is not in chunks like the rest. The flowers are about four times fluffier than the yarrow. Do I fill half the jar with the above and add boiled water? I’m not sure I have enough product to have even one pot of tea.
I have ulcers. My Chinese doctors (yes, two now) don’t really do herbs, I think something about being sued in this state. I have in their terminology is kidney Chi deficiency, spleen chi deficiency, liver blood deficiency and stasis. I have “Healing With Whole Food” by Pickford, and look up what to eat based on this diagnosis.
I am basically starving to death — I eat, but nothing gets absorbed into my body. My skin and body is dry and doesn’t even feel like my own skin, but my great grandmother’s. I am also bleeding internally, although not enough to need a blood transfusion yet. It is possible to cure from this slowly, but not under all this severe isolation stress.
My doctor suggested I follow one of the following, I was thinking of the first one, nux vomica, and the above ulcer tea:
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter