Processed Meat Exercise
While doing an exercise for my Nutrition Certification course on processed meats, I discovered that a meat most of us have eaten as kids (and possibly some still today) seems to have more additives than meat.
Oscar Mayer Bologna Deli Lunch Meat -
MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN, PORK, CORN SYRUP, WATER, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SALT, GROUND MUSTARD SEED, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM PROPIONATE, SODIUM DIACETATE, BEEF, SODIUM BENZOATE, FLAVOR, SODIUM ASCORBATE, SODIUM NITRITE, HYDROLYZED BEEF STOCK, AUTOLYZED YEAST, DEXTROSE, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA, SODIUM LACTATE, POTASSIUM LACTATE, CELERY SEED EXTRACT.
Kind of makes me glad I am a vegetarian.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 515 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter