Suggestions or recipes to use Hawthorn?

Living with 46 acres in Western New York brings us a lot of naturally grown medicinal plants, including tons of hawthorn bushes, yarrow, plantain, dandelion, red raspberry, and so many more. However, I have a difficult time finding different recipes using Hawthorn other than extract for heart disease/congestive heart failure. Thank you!

Answers

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,519 admin

@Rev. Kari Have you checked Herbal Academy's blog for further information?

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭

I made Hawthorn berry syrup with raw honey. Then I can add it to any tea I make or add it to my morning water with ACV in it.

I also made Hawthorn kombucha with the syrup and that was quite tasty as well.

I am using Hawthorn for me and my families broken hearts. Some of the healing comes in the preparing as well.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭✭

I never knew hawthorn was good for the emotional heart. It makes so much sense. I'll have to do some research into what herbs it has synergies with for that purpose. I'm guessing a wonderful tea/tonic could be created.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,640 admin

@annbeck62 Hawthorn would combine well with motherwort, rose, lemon balm, rosemary, viola (also known as heartsease), self-heal, borage and mimosa for the emotional heart, depending on the individual constitution and emotional state.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭✭

@Torey thanks you've saved me some research :) I think some of those could be combined for a rather tasty tea.