"Never Alone: A Solo Arctic Journey" a new book by Woniya

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

If you have followed TGN a while then you've heard of Woniya. She is the incredable woman who taught us all how to make buckskin clothing and how to live without refrdigeration.

I've lost touch with Woniya over the years and I had no idea she was on an episode of "Alone".

But I just heard about here new book and I am so excited.

I just pre-ordered a copy. I know it is going to be amazing.

In Woniya's own words:

Book Announcement: An invitation to join me in the heart of nature

The idea that humans are somehow separate from nature, unlike every other living thing on the planet, is one of the most pervasive and damaging myths of our time. 

Reminding people of this truth is a big part of why I wrote my book, Never Alone. It is the story of one of the most challenging, profound, and beautiful experiences of my life; a memoir about the months I spent living by myself on a rocky peninsula just below the Arctic Circle. I had no shelter and next to no food except what I could build and procure for myself. I learned to live like a wild animal does- to be completely present in the present moment; my very survival dependence on my ingenuity, my determination, and what the land provided. 

I have never fair felt happier, wilder, or freer. When I left that place, I made a commitment to share the story of my time there with the world, so that all may experience the joy and wonder that it is to live wild in a wild place, and to feel a belonging so deep there is no such thing as loneliness. 

So it is with great pleasure that I announce today, Earth Day, that my book that book, Never Alone: A Solo Arctic Journey, is now available for pre-order! 

I hope you'll order it today as an Earth Day gift for yourself or someone you love, and will join me on an adventure that will help you vicariously experience the challenge, magic, and awe of my deep wilderness immersion just below the Arctic Circle on Alone: Season 6.

Never Alone is my gift to the world, my gift to that sacred land that held me so well, and my gift to you. It is a reminder of what is possible when we lay ourselves in when we surrender ourselves to the wild, and the fact that when we feel ourselves deep in the heart of nature, we truly are Never Alone. 

Woniya 

Pre

Comments