Medicinal Trees: Zanthoxylum clava, Hercules Club and notes on wood ash, charcoal and American Mistl

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I've never used prickly ash. Doesn't grow anywhere near me.

I'm glad you included a section on wood ash and charcoal. Charcoal is something everyone should have in their first aid kit or medicine chest. Two forms. One straight powder and the other in capsules. Capsules are so much easier when you have to give charcoal internally.

A couple of years ago, I discovered white charcoal. While its not exactly white, it doesn't cause such black stools after internal use. So I have those in capsule form. I have seen reports saying it is cleaner (with regards to any toxic by-products of the burning process to make charcoal).

Good warning on the difference between European and American Mistletoe. A university near me has been doing some experiments using extracts from a local species of mistletoe looking into its topical antibacterial properties. But its probably quite a ways from development and is only using an extract, not the whole plant.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

I have never heard of white charcoal - I'll have to check that out. Interesting about mistletoe!