For Arthritis Suffers: Did you know?

dipat2005
dipat2005 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you know that some of the food items that you might find interesting to know about (that might bother your arthritis are: legumes, nuts, and orange cheese. I find that if I eat any of these things my hands are very sore.

I do wear compression gloves but not all of the time. I do wear them when I play the organ and have only gotten them stuck (between the keys) once in a while.

Do any of you have the same problem?

Tagged:

Comments

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not noticed those specific food items making a difference for me. I have a tendency to eat a lot of those things though so it might just be my normal.

@dipat2005 it is great that you can notice those things in yourself so that you can make diet adjustments as necessary. And playing the organ, how fun!

• dipat2005

@Michelle D someone mentioned those foods to me as having helped them. They were probably tired of me complaining about my fingers and hands. If you can play the piano, you can easily learn organ!

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dipat2005 not only does dairy cause my joints to ache but also can trigger night sweats. For joints corn and sugar also can cause pain in my joints.

• dipat2005

@Lisa K I didn't know about corn and sugar. Thank you for that information.

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dipat2005 you are very welcome 😊

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

gluten can also cause joint pain in some people.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightshades (tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, peppers) are arthritis triggers. I notice my hand arthritis gets worse if I overindulge in these things. I still freely eat chili peppers though.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can second that completely from my mother's experiences. She has almost completely cut out tomatoes from her diet and is feeling so much better.

• dipat2005

Gluten that is interesting because I cut that out of my diet several years ago and didn't notice a difference. If I eat any nuts I notice the next day. I only eat potatoes and don't notice any problem (nightshade). I cut out tomatoes and never noticed a difference but at that time I wasn't paying any attention.