Peach trees curling disease. What can I do?
what could I do to save my peach tree?
It has the curling disease. The leaves are pink and curled. I try to remove as many as possible (not into compost, of course). Is there anything else to do?
i have read, too late, that one could put vinegar on the buds. I will plant more garlic under the tree.
@jowitt.europe I believe a copper or sulphur based fungicide would sort out your peach leaf curl problem but that is usually sprayed in the dormant stage(tree). Once the fungus has entered the leaf, you can’t control the fungus.
maybe you could experiment & pluck all the leaves off one section of the tree & then spray to see what happens, hopefully then more leaves will shoot.1 · Share on Twitter
@JodieDownUnder thank you for your advice. Yesterday I removed all the curled leaves. Not many left on the tree. Surprisingly there are quite a few small peaches. I wonder whether they grow with so few leaves round.
I am not sure I want to use fungicides at this time of the year. But I will experiment next spring when the buds start swelling. Today I will plant a lot of garlic under the tree. I have a lot of garlic growing around, so I just have to move them to another place. Garlic does a good job by protecting my roses. No aphids. All the neighbours around complain that they have a lot.
That's a good idea about planting garlic around roses!
We have a book published up here, "Roses Love Garlic." It has a companion book called "Carrots Love Tomatoes."
This Week's Leaders
- 600 All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 53 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 331 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 449 Current Events & Breaking News
- 43 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.6K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 501 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 35 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 500 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 377 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 101 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter