Rosemary oil infusion for hair. Which oil would you recommend?

jowitt.europe
jowitt.europe Posts: 1,467 admin

I would like to use Rosemary oil infusion for strengthening my hair and improving the blood circulation of the scalp. I have experienced such oil treatment in Ayurvedic hair salon. I remember the pleasant feeling and the mood was so much better afterwards. Where I live now, we do not have such a salon, thus I would like to make my own Rosemary hair oil. Which oil would you use so that it has a pleasant smell and keeps long?

Would you recommend a double cooker to make it, or a blender? I would like a quicker version rather than waiting for several weeks. Would you add a bit of alcohol while making it?

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,690 admin

I took a short introductory course in carrier oils with Susan M Parker. This link will take you to a PDF she did on carrier oils to accompany the course.

This is her blog where you might find more specific info. There is a new free workshop starting on June 7th.

I've never used it but Jojoba oil might be nice for a hair oil.

To make a quick version, you could put your oil and rosemary in a slow cooker on very low heat for several hours. Or in an oven on very low heat.

• jowitt.europe

@Torey Thank you very much. I like the smell of jojoba oil, so this is a good advice. Both: Rosemary and jojoba would be like aroma therapy.

I am also a fan of a quick oil version. I was not always successful with waiting for a few weeks. A few times the herbal oil did got mouldy. Thank you, I already watched the video by Susan Parker and rewatched the video by Patrick Jones in the Academy.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

You may want to experiment with different carrier oils in your hair before infusing to see which ones your hair best responds to. Also I find shea butter really good for my hair. You could melt it, infuse it and then either whip it or just let it re-solidify.

• jowitt.europe

@annbeck62 thank you! A good idea. I have ordered jojoba oil. It will be delivered tomorrow. I’ll see how it works. If not good enough, I’ll try out Shea butter.

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use Aragan oil on my hair as a conditioner which seems to be working well. Can rosemary EO work instead of fresh rosemary (for a quick solution)?

• jowitt.europe

@Lisa K I have never tried with EO, but one can make Rosemary Oil with Jojoba or Aragon oil quite quickly. In just about an hour.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, I learned a new way to use rosemary, only if my hair likes it though.

Fun fact:

Rosemary also improves our memory by holding your face over the top of the plant, then using your hands from the bottom of the plant, gently touch the rosemary and lift your hands in an upward motion. Breathe in. The scent that raises into our olfactory glands increases memory.

• jowitt.europe

Oh yes! Rosemary improves memory and mood. This is why I use it on hair. It stimulates blood circulation on the scalp and I breathe Rosemary at the same time.