Unfortunately, I have discovered leafminers in plant leaves.
Well, after five years, I finally am doing some minor outdoor food gardening in this new location. Surprise, I am seeing leafminer damage in leaves. I had thought I knew what to look out for in desert gardening, but a couple hundred miles makes a difference. I found out that you should remove and destroy affected leaves, so have done that. I don't yet know if any plants will be permanently damaged or become inedible.
If I was really good, I would be out in the weedy areas of my property looking for the damage there.
Anyone had success fighting these pests?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter