Do you have a favorite lemonade variation

annbeck62
annbeck62 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

Lemonade is a great summer time drink. I was making some yesterday and it got me curious about potential variations. Sometimes I add a little bit of lavender. I find lavender and lemon to be an amazing combination. Do you have a favorite variation?

Tagged:

Comments

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

We tried something new for the first time last week. We put mulberries in the lemonade. It was a hit.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,624 admin

I like a few raspberries added to lemonade. Blueberries and lemons are a classic combination.

Lemon balm is a really nice herb for decoration.

You can use ice cubes that have berries or herbs (lemon balm, any of the mints, lemon thyme, lemon verbena, etc.) frozen in the cubes.

This isn't real lemonade but its one I've been meaning to try. I just don't seem to get out at the right time for collecting. Sumac "lemonade". There are quite a few recipes on line. This one is a cold water soak but I've seen others that steep the berries in hot water, strain and cool before using.

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made strawberry lemonade sour sop kombuchas last week and I'm going to trade the strawberries for cherries next time. It is really good!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,506 admin

I like hibiscus combined with lemonade. It makes a beautiful pink refreshing drink on a hot day.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

We love strawberry lemonade. But have never tried any other flavor. The strawberry is the only way my husband likes lemon flavor. I might have to try a few of these for myself.