Need help with ideas to combat whole body hives
My 60 year old sister started with body aches, then chills last Saturday. She also had a slight sore throat and dry cough. Sunday morning she awoke with a significant rash. She went to an urgent care medical facility where they told her she had a severe allergic reaction. They prescribed prednisone and sent her home.
(History: a couple of years ago she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes so she has to inject insulin. She also has rheumatoid arthritis and takes immune suppressing drugs for that condition.)
Monday she was concerned enough to see her regular doctor. She got a shot and prescription cream. The rash continued to spread with intense itching. She got desperate enough to go to the emergency room last night but after two hour wait was interviewed in the hallway with no physical examination.
Obviously, the doctors are not trying to discover possible life-threatening aspects of this rash.
I suggested that she drink lots of water to help flush toxins another way. Also, if she had any surviving aloe vera plants, she should use the gel on a test patch of skin to see if itching stopped. She had already stopped the immune suppressing drugs that I suspected.
One further suggestion from me was for her to check the lot number on her insulin and try to find a vial with a different lot number as a means of eliminating possible vial contamination.
Do any of you have ideas to help her? I appreciate any insights that you may have. Thanks in advance. Picture enclosed.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter