How many people?

How many people can you get into a two-bedroom apartment that is less than 900 square feet.?

Two more people moved into my tiny apartment. They did get a storage unit too. Getting used to this is taking more of a toll on me than I expected. They are family which helps.

I have not had time to be on this site at all. I am trying to take better care of myself too so I am not grouchy! My apologies.

I gave the piano I have had since 1970 to one of my grandchildren. He has four children and they are all musical.

Tagged:

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,518 admin

@dipat2005 We had 7 in an 800 square foot house with 3 bedrooms. You could fit more, but it gets tight! A storage unit is certainly a great help.

Are these two family members there to help? That can make a big difference.

Others moving into your space I think would be difficult for all involved. We all need our own space & have our own ways of doing everything. I think some grouchiness would come with the territory. I'm glad that you are finding ways to care for yourself.

The gift of a real piano is a wonderful thing! There is nothing like the sound a good one can give. Those four children are abundantly blessed!👏

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭

We have 4 in 900 square feet. It's ok because we are a family but it's still an adjustment to downsize by half. Especially with growing boys☺️.

The biggest challenge for me is not having ample space for herb drying. At this point I am hammering nails in every obscure corner without direct sunlight 🤪.

And books! We have enough books to fill a small library.

Overall just an adjustment.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

At out last home, we had 5 in 900 sqft with only 2 bedrooms. We did choose to repurpose some of the space so that there could spaces used as bedrooms that was not actually bedrooms. The thing that we found most helpful was to make sure that each person had some space even if it was limited that was their space where they could be left alone if they wanted to be.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭

They do help! More visiting since they are family. I have a very large couch in my living room which is stacked with large black bags. There is room to sit though. Once I sat down then I couldn't get off the couch. I have had a bookcase in my bedroom for many years. It is quite tall with a lot of books

They brought a roll around air conditioner with them so that helps keep my apartment cooler. In the past I have only had 2 fans!

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭

Using bunkbeds, you could fit up to twelve people. Yes it is tight. Each person has their schedule. The kitchen becomes a communal area fir cooking, and people may takes turns, or share the range/stovetop.

it may cause stress, yet if they have a plan with all of the people that live their, and they share in the responsibilities, then it may be less stress in the end.

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I have learned from watching Tiny Houses is that if you get new furniture, makes sure it can do double or triple duty.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭

@Lisa K great idea! @SuperC Really!! I hope it doesn't come to that.