I have about a gallon of fine cedar mulch from some plants I ordered. I won't throw it away, but want a good use for it.
I keep finding conflicting information about it, but most agree that it will kill all insects, decreasing pollination. It will make soil acidic if it is not aged right after processing, said another.
I wondered about using it around My asparagus. Will it harm new growth next year? Any help would be appreciated.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter