I'm Going to Be Checking In Sporadically For a While
Moms had 2 minor strokes in the past 3 weeks, and my sister needs help with her while we decide if we can continue to keep her home or if we need to get her into a rehab facility. She walks with a walker or quad cane pretty well but is weak. She eats some, but not enough and cannot even heat things up for herself. Her speech is garbled quite a bit of the time. She cannot stay alone right now.
Susan works nights in an ambulatory care facility, which Mom does not qualify for right now. She's an LPN and is on all mom's paperwork to sign for her. So my job is to support her decisions and be there a much as I can. Problem is I am not allowed to take my 2 cats over, so have to come home after every 2 nights to take care of them. And no internet there! The plus is that I get paid 13.50 an hour for 3 hours a day to be there through a state program.
Anyway, if you don't see me on here much, I'll be back as soon as life levels out.
There's a good facility just blocks from their house, and some of Mom's friends live there. And they have activities that Mom would enjoy. She has expressed an interest in the past to be closer to her friends, and that she gets bored waiting on us to do things with her. We can do this for a short time, but it is already taking a toll on us.
Your prayers and kind thoughts are appreciated.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter