Does cayenne pepper stop bleeding?
Yes! it does.
I know it looks terrible, but really it wasn't that bad.
All that blood came from a small nick on my thumb I got while sharpening my machete.
Finger wounds bleed profusely.
I was in the middle of weeding a row and didn't want to stop just for a finger cut. So I let it bleed until I was done working. And I wanted to see if it would stop on its own.
It did not.
But the cayenne pepper stopped the bleeding immediately.
Cayenne is not offically a staple in my home med kit.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter