Chance of frost tonight
Our temperature will be going down to 4°C tonight, so possibly our first frost of the season.
We've been busy getting freezers ready lately, and today we've been getting herbs cleaned & hanging. I've also been assessing the rest of the garden. We'll be bringing out the sheets, etc., to cover what we can. Of course, what we can't cover, comes in.
If we have time, we'll start doing up some corn. I know what will fill my day tomorrow! Beets will follow the corn.
Yesterday, I picked a few of our largest spaghetti squash & pumpkins.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter