I have a client dealing with severe lymphedema to the point her ankles are like 20 inches or larger. They have her doing compression therapy and so on.
My problem may or may not be related.
I have been going to the doctor since March with concerns about what started as an oval shaped lump about an inch and a half long and maybe a half inch wide, very red in the main part and quite hard. They have sent me for two ultra sounds, a vein test, given me a course of antibiotics, done a biopsy and have me currently using a steroidal ointment and are scheduling me to see a dermatologist.
So far all they have been able to tell me is that it is not bacterial, fungal or cancerous. I happened to see my client yesterday right after her compression therapy treatment. We got to talking about it. And it seems very similar to what I am dealing with, just much further advanced.
My small spot is now the full front side of my leg, probably three inches tall or so and reaches from one side of my leg al the way around to the other side. Very hard in a patch about three inches by 3 inches and swollen for the remainder but still spongy. And it is getting more painful than the original tingly feeling when you touched it.
What I have found in my reading so far says if it is lymphedema it is not curable but can sometimes be maintained, It seems to be a lymph issue where fluid is not being removed or circulated properly.
Any recommendations for herbs or homeopathic remedies that might help for something like this?
My client can barely walk, and can't climb steps at all. I don't want to get to that point. Wondering if something to help lymph support could slow this or stop it.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter