I am in Alaska, look me up if your coming to the area.
If you are ever here (especially in the South Central part of the state) give me a heads up. I am in the village of Talkeetna, 2.5 or 3 hours from Denali.
We are considered the "jumping off point" for those heading out to Denali, driving, flying, planning to climb the mountain, etc. When "THE Mountain" is out there are great views from here.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter