Community Challenge Ideas
I'm hyper-focused this evening. 😆 I've been thinking of challenges that our community can plan to hold to help build up our community!
Perhaps each year we could pick a different theme. It could be quite fun & hopefully it could be a manageable project for each member who wants to take on the challenge.
I could be anything "grow/make your own"... indoor/outdoor plants, animals, foraging, medicine making, crafting for exchange or otherwise, design of any type (any type of garden, garden methods), herb related, do something small to make a difference for your local community, cooking or baking, recipes... Please don't be afraid to think outside the box.
Here are my ideas so far:
1. Giant plants challenge:
2. Growing zone growing challenge (everyone in each zone competes with one specific variety, or similar) and compares notes.
3. A challenge to grow a bit extra in a portion your garden to give away to someone who actually really is in need, or to give to your local food bank (check to see what they can accept & desperately need in fall).
4. ??? I will post an update of member ideas in this first post. Help me out! 😄
• Foraging Giant Mushrooms Challenge (accompanied by a picture, common name(s), proper latin ID, and associated correct verified & referenced information) Thanks, @Torey!
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter