Where does TGN get its Horsetail - Equisetum hyemale?
Well, that is a good question!
I've worked with selected wildcrafters I know have excellent harvesting ethics, including Doug Simons himself.
But it is very difficult to source. I have to have the best quality, free of contaminants. And that is hard to find. Getting wildcrafters to deliver just doesn't fit their nomadic and random lifestyles.
So what to do?
Well, here is a short clip of how TGN is funding a trusted local farmer (the amazing Stephanie Syson!) to plant for us. What this short video doesn't show is that TGN also paid for the earthworks (excavator) to come and dig the pond and create the wetland needed for planting.
But check this out!
It was a fun day.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter