Do you add something special to your soups or stews?
Do you have a special or secret ingredient to your soups and stews?
On the Oregon coast they have seafood and there is a place called "Mo's". They sell the best clam chowder and we used to be able to get a base mixture of the recipe in a certain store locally and in the Willamette Valley. I don't know if they have it now or not but my mom loved it and would often add all kinds of things including: bacon bits, heavy cream, butter and whatever else seemed really good that day.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter