Contemplating knee replacement surgery
Any thoughts on knee replacement surgery? I have been using a cane for 1 1/2 years and let me tell you it is cumbersome. I am 78 years old and have allergies to anesthetics and pain killers.
Lately I have been using Homeopathic pain relievers. It works really well for me. I have had asthma this year because of the cats who are in the house. At least that is what I suspect is the cause. The asthma isn't bad just there.
I would like to be more mobile than I am. After the last surgery I difficulty speaking, using a computer, spelling, had no filter, and remembering what I was going to say. I really thought I had a stroke on the table. I did read all the notes for surgery and didn't see that there was a problem at all with my blood pressure. I do know the Anesthesiologist used an adult dose of anesthesia-I usually ask for a lighter dose but forgot to do that. I don't know if it would have made any difference.
I am wondering if there are things I can supplement with ahead of time or things I can do to alleviate the problems that could happen.
Does anyone have any suggestions that might help?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 36 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 367 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 466 Current Events & Breaking News
- 53 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 539 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 400 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 109 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter