Ordering seeds for 2024

VermontCathy
VermontCathy Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's time once again to look through those shiny new seed catalogs that are appearing in our mailboxes.

I now order most of my seeds in the fall of the previous year after being hit with stockouts during the COVID years. However, there are always new varieties being offered in the new catalogs each year, and sometimes a variety that was out of stock last fall has become available again the next year.

Baker Creek has a new OP tomato called Prairie Fire that has a brix rating of 10.0. This is incredibly sweet for a tomato. Could it be comparable in flavor to the famous Sungold F1? We'll see! It may be good breeding material, too, adding sweetness to future crosses.

I'm also going to try a new pole bean variety (), a new jalapeno variety (Craig's Grande), two new lettuce varieties (Arctic King, Gustav's Salad), a new ground cherry variety (New Hanover), plus some miscellaneous things that probably won't do well in my garden (some cabbage, basil, etc.)

What are you ordering for 2024?

Comments

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

I am ordering nothing this Year as I still have everything. 😱

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Baker's Creek and it never fails, when I get their catalog, I always find something new to try and this year was no exception! And yes, I am seed addicted 😁

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have a lot I preordered. But I am finding some new items that look good, and there are others I would like to stock up on some. Plus there are herbs and medicinals I want to get.