Natural solutions to get rid of termites?

I have wood and subterranean termites as well as wood fungus. I would love to apply natural products (herbs, oils, etc.) rather than chemicals to stop them from eating the house. I'm interested in any success stories/suggestions. Thank you ahead of time.

Answers

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,640 admin

Welcome to TGN's forum @pamroths. Sorry that a pest issue is your first discussion with us but hopefully you will find some assistance here.

When you have time, please let us know what part of the world you are from in our introductions section. https://community.thegrownetwork.com/categories/introductions That might get a response from someone in your region who has had success with both your issues.

I don't have termites in my part of the world (central BC, Canada) so I'm not going to be much help here.

What type of wood fungus do you have? Is it more of a mold or an actual mushroom growth of some kind? A picture might help. Just in general, I am going to suggest cleaning vinegar (10% acidity).

• pamroths
    pamroths Posts: 2

Thank you. The fungus is showing up as white streaks on the wood.

The house is in Northern California.

Vinegar is a good idea!

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭✭

Boron can be used with good results.

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a company that advertises Orange Oil method and I know that a condo in a senior housing complex passed a termite inspection when their unit was sold.