Bayer’s Modified Soil Microbes Could Trigger a Genetically Engineered Doomsday
From Mercola.com the full article also has Dr. Ealine Inghams backstory on how she got fired from Oregon State Univ. There were developments of another bacteria like this that was super deadly and she stopped it. But lost her job in the process.
Bayer’s modified soil microbes could trigger a genetically engineered doomsday for agriculture
If you don’t like the toxic pollution from industrial agriculture’s synthetic nitrogen fertilizers and pesticides, Bayer and its partner Ginkgo Bioworks have a solution
They say they’re going to swap out some of the old fossil-fuel-based agrochemicals for genetically engineered microbes
The uncontrolled spread of genetically engineered microbes could contaminate soil on such a vast scale that it could be the end of farming.
In thier subsmission to the SEC, my goodness, they openly discuss the vast potential for catastrophy and how little control they have over it.
This is insane, what possibly could go wrong?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 36 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 29 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 367 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 467 Current Events & Breaking News
- 53 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 540 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 401 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 110 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter