Northern Indiana Here

SSLM
SSLM Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

Hello, all!

I'm in northern Indiana. Have been a grownetwork fan for many years. Though I've been a member for many years, I've not posted on the forum until yesterday.

A little about me - I like learning how to take more responsibility for my food, etc. For a number of years I made raw milk cheese at home. I've had chickens and a couple of property clearing goats in the past as well. I'd love to be as grid-independent as possible.

I've just enrolled in a school of botanical medicine and am loving it. And I'm planning on having more medicinal herbs growing on the property this year.

That's all for now :)

Comments

• VermontCathy
    VermontCathy Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing what you have to share with us.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,513 admin

That's awesome, @SSLM! It sounds like you'd certainly have experience to share with all of us here. Learning from each other is a great way to learn.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SSLM welcome! We are so glad to have you. It sounds like you have some great experience! I have wanted to learn making cheese from raw milk. I have a long way to go still!

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,632 admin

Glad you've decided to join us @SSLM!

I'm a herbalist. Which school are you attending?

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @SSLM . Glad you joined the discussions. I have not been able to enroll in any schools for herbal or homeopathic which I would love to do. However, I have been learning as much as I can on my own, a lot of it from the wonderful folk on here. Look forward to hearing how your journey is going and sharing all our journeys together.

This Week's Leaders