Show me the best photo of your livestock!

Comments

• BluLotus
    BluLotus Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    These are cute!
  • Merin Porter
    Merin Porter Posts: 1,026 admin
    edited January 2018
    Ruth, what watering system are you using in your run? And do you recommend it? "Eventually," I want to upgrade my watering system so that it requires less frequent filling. Right now, I'm just using a fairly inexpensive, three-gallon heated waterer from Farm Innovators. We're having some remarkably warm weather right now, so I'm also keeping my unheated waterer filled. I'm going to make one of those cookie-tin heaters with a 60w bulb in it to sit the unheated waterer on so that hopefully I can keep using that one, too, once it gets cold here again.... But I'd love a sealed or semi-sealed system!
  • Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 577 admin
    edited January 2018
    Hi Merin,
    My husband built it. It's essentially a five-gallon bucket w/ attached PVC pipe and chicken nipples. We have 1 inside the coop, 1 in the run...and for the winter three stand-alone bucks (with nipples in the side/bottom). It's been pretty cold here, and with lack of electricity to the coop, we are very limited on what we can run off the solar panel. The nipples do freeze - but if you could add a heater - I think that would solve the problem. Right now, we only have a handful of days where the water freezes...so, we just hike out there with hot water! I'll take some better photos for you next time I venture out there!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    Thanks, Ruth! :)
  • Ruth Ann Reyes
    edited April 2018
    Sure thing Merin!
  • bmaverick
    bmaverick Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Just a few shots.

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    edited June 2018
    Awesome bmaverick! I LOVE your chicken tractors! Did you build them yourself?
  • bmaverick
    bmaverick Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ruth, I have built a few, now my teenage son does the task. He's doing better job at it than I would at the moment. -bmaverick
  • Casey Cash
    Casey Cash Posts: 21
    edited June 2018
    So...my goat ate my hat the other day while I was out gardening. Took it off for just a minute and guess what - the goat has all but the rim eaten! So my punishment was to make him wear what he didn't eat! ;) So behold, Jimmy the hat eating goat!

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    edited June 2018
    Oh my gosh! That is too funny, Casey!